Gazebos

Countryside Gazebos

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cooking for your picky eater

It is really hard to get your picky eater to eat fruits, veggies, and anything else that may be vital to their health. We know why they need these things, but they don't understand, and don't care. It is very frustrating trying to get very young children better known as picky eaters to eat healthy.





I experimented last night with my four children. I cooked peas and carrots, it is not something that I normally cook or even eat myself. Mainly because it was so bland, and I did not know how to season it. So I just stayed away from the mixture all together. I remembered that recently my husband told me to just add some cinnamon and sugar. So when I cooked it I added cinnamon, sugar, and my own little twist a little nutmeg. It was AWESOME! My oldest son, whom is 7, could not get enough he was like, "Mama I want some more macaroni, carrots, and peas. I was actually shocked.

I also got a little advice from a group about how to get picky eaters to eat fruits and veggies. It wasn't much but even a little bit of help is help. They told me to mix the fruits and veggies together. I don't know what that means, but when my creativity started to work I thought about fruit and veggie smoothies. I also realized it is easier to get children to eat their fruits because majority of them are sweet.

When all else fails just make sure that the picky eater(s) take their vitamins daily. The vitamins will help the children get the nutrients that they need, especially if they are just super picky.

But here are some examples of how I get them to eat fruits and veggies I prepare meals or snacks:

When we eat tacos or taco salads, instead of giving them tomatoes I give them mild salsa. I also throw in some sour cream. Even my one year old twins will eat it then.

Cook your child healthy desserts, sounds funny right, but it is the complete opposite. It actually works. If you want to get some help with that Click Here!

I have been successful with giving my kids salad, all I do is drizzle a little bit of ranch on it. Too much ranch takes away the healthiness of the salad. So be careful with that. Make sure it has meat, cheese, and carrots in it also. I guess I have just been lucky on this account. You can give them fish with this also. My children absolutely love it! Baked or fried is fine even though having it baked is healthier. Make sure if you fry it that you don't over cook the fish or it will attain extra grease.

Another thing that I do is give them Applesauce, but this applesauce has fruits and veggies in it. It is just perfect! It is two in one, and tasty also! I tried it myself!! One of the places that are wonderful for buying this type of product is Here!

These are some of the ways that I have found to feed my picky eater. I hope that this helps you, and if there are some fruits or veggies specifically that you want me to help you with I will do my best. Just let me know!


*I receive a small commission for any product that you may purchase in this article. It helps support me as a stay at home mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment